There 5 main sizes outlined below:
- J’s (Wholes) - Jumbos are the largest whole peanut.
- 1’s (Wholes) - 1’s are smaller than J’s but larger than 2’s
- 2’s (Wholes) - 2’s are smaller than 1’s but larger than 3’s
- 3’s (Wholes) - smaller edible grades of peanuts
- Splits - halves of peanuts. Splits can be graded into large, medium and small
Peanut Products for Sale
All varieties are kept separate. Peanuts are graded to size using a screening process. Using different sized screens, the peanuts are separated into their different grades. The grades are then checked to a product count. The product count is how many kernels per 100grams determines their grade.
Raw peanuts are a completely natural product which have only had the shell removed and are popular with those people who are health conscious.
Some uses for Raw Product are: to be cooked with skin on for beer nuts, they can be sugar or chocolate coated, used in raw nut mixes, used as an ingredient in health bars and in general cooking i.e. biscuits or simply to be eaten on their own.
Find out about the peanut process...
Click here to find out more information about where we source our peanuts which includes planting, development, harvesting and intake and more.....